Saturday, November 12, 2011

Fruit

I have a confession.
I've always been a fruit snob!
To be honest I didn't even realize it!
I always thought that fresh fruit was the way to go.  Not only was it the way to go, but it was the only way!

Well I've been converted!  I've learned how great frozen fruit is.

The girls eat it up like crazy!

They love mangos especially, and I personally prefer frozen mangos to fresh ones now!
I gave the girls raspberries the other day, how do you think it went over?

They were a little tart...

And messy...
They weren't big fans of the raspberries, but the blueberries went over a little better

We are still using some fresh apples and pears that the girls are loving.

I guess it's a good thing that I've gotten over my fresh fruit issues, since the girls like fruit and it's hard to get good fruit in the winter.

See, they're happy....

I love this picture!

I found a new recipe the other day for John and me...
Cilantro Lime Rice like they have at Chipotle!
We've been making vegetarian rice bowls regularly now.  They're GREAT!
Sure it's not the same thing as Chipotle, but it's pretty darn good.

I know the color on this stinks, but it was too cute to note post...
It looked like she was posing for a senior portrait or something for John.  It was too cute!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. It is good to hear that frozen fruit seems just as good for the kids! I haven't tried it with the kids, but the quality of the fresh fruit at the store has not been as great with the cold weather coming in! I will give it a shot this week! I love the picture of their messy raspberry faces! :)

    ReplyDelete