As I dipped the green sugary circles of peppermint in the melted dark chocolate - I had to stop and smile.
What made me stop and smile were the memories I have of getting ready for my cousins' showers {grin} We would all sit at the kitchen table, my sister, my Mom, Aunt Patty, Aunt Karen and her girls Catherine and Dana. The excitement and anticipation! We would have flowers to make, something to stuff and fill for the big day. I don't remember what we would all make, but I LOVED it.
Getting up early the next morning and making sure everything was set-up and perfect! Even if there was an emergency run to The Food Town for more plastic table cloths and Lysol spray to cover up the fish smell from the Friday night Fish Supper. And filling those cream puffs with the red juicy slice of a strawberry. I did sneak one every once in awhile, sorry Patty! {grin}
I want my girls to LOVE it, all of it! The baking. The planning. The celebrating. It's a high for me. In my previous life {grin} I was in HR and a Scheduler... and honestly, I loved it for the high. Every time the spot was filled in a nick of time. Every time that great employee was hired. Career Fairs and Orientations.






:) Oh the good ol' days!!! Don't worry Catherine and I would eat some (okay more then some more like A LOT)of cream puffs!!!!!! YUMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!! It has been forever since I had a good cream puff. I don't think I helped making the food....I think I only help eating it before we were suppose to!!!! ;)Once the girls start helping and you see them eating some things then you know it's okay to eat some of it to....you can blame i ton the girls:)
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Dana Jo Wigg